Wednesday, April 1, 2009

DAY 1 SESSIONS


Some of the sessions are in the most amazing rooms--carved ceilings, paintings, sculptures, stained glass; it's hard to concentrate on presentations at times.

The most interesting sessions for me were those associated with the Learning Technologies SIG--there was a series of presentations. I particularly liked "Digital storytelling ..." by Kirsty McGeoch from Australia. Her students have produced very interesting videos. Another session, "Connect! Communicate! Collaborate!" was offered by Graham Stanley--I'd already met him online through the "Learning with Computers" group in evo (TESOL).He discussed social networking, Wordle, Facebook, cyber bullying and ning. Another presentation was by a young Turkish woman who was a travel grant winner who was blogging with her grade 5 class. I didn't make it to the end of the day--jet lag caught up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment